Tuesday 15 August 2017

Positivity on the Highway of Negativity



Positivity on the Highway of Negativity.

You know that feeling when you open your eyes in the morning and you’re immediately accosted with the feel of pleasantness. Well, that was me today.
I woke up with a goody bag positive energy, telling myself today is going to be a good, productive and beautiful day. You know… all those stuff some motivational speakers say we should do.
I did all I had to do at home in a flash so I could hit the road just in time to catch up with a 10 am appointment all for me to turn on my ignition and the car wouldn't start. Damn!!! This was not the time to start tracing the fault.
So I hurriedly got a cab and headed out for my appointment, but just as I was about to relax and mentally steady myself, the cab guy started lamenting about the situation of Nigeria, the horrible roads, unstable power supply, the bad educational system and all other issues wrong with the country that I was all too familiar with. I was still like NO; this is not going to kill my positive vibe. 

I got to the office and the secretary was straight-up rude to me and giving off a whole lot of negative energy. I took a deep breath and chanted in my mind one of my favorite quotes… you cannot control someone’s attitude towards you but you can control  your attitude  towards others” bottom line, how someone treats you is their problem, not yours.
She later directed me to the reception where I had to wait to see the chairman for another six hours, but guess what? My morale still dey kampe. I just believed it was still going to be a good day.  At last, I was called upon for the meeting with the chairman, which he; after viewing my proposal unfortunately turned down due to it being well above their budget.

As I stepped out of the office my positive vibes just went down like a deflated balloon. It was gone with the wind. I just kept thinking of my car, the wasted day and the hours I spent waiting for nothing. But just as I was about to fast forward into self-pity/depression mode, I remembered one of Joyce Meyer's favorite sayings, "you can't be pitiful and powerful at the same time, you have to choose one".
I immediately snapped out of it. I refused to wallow in self-pity. I am a strong, powerful, alpha female; I declared. I also got to understand what Maya Angelou meant when she said; you may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from and how you can rise from it.
Armed with these thoughts, I decided to go back to the drawing table and see how to make things better. I am going to learn from this then focus on the opportunity not the obstacle as whatever your focus on expands. I will keep my eye on my goal and the prize awaiting me, steadily moving towards forward with a positive attitude.
This is to encourage anybody trying to turn their ideas or innovations into reality not to give up but to keep pressing forward with a positive attitude.
#wegomakeam  #keepmovingforward #makeitwork #bosswithattitude
so guys, share your experiences of how your day crumbled before your eyes and how you managed to stay encouraged and forge ahead. I’m eager to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 WAYS ON HOW TO HAVE A MORE PRODUCTIVE DAY

I happened to be in Miami, Florida during the summer holidays, and visiting Miami without going to the south beach is pretty incomplete...